Bec Joannou is an Australian Photographic Artist. She holds a Certificate IV and Diploma in Photography and Photo Imaging from the Centre for Creative Photography.
Bec finds photography an expressive medium which enables her to share her dream-like visions. She is inspired by the beauty and wonder of the natural world, childhood play and literature. She has a passion for creating whimsical, dream-like worlds which spark the imagination of her little subjects, adding a little magic to their lives.
Bec loves meeting new people is passionate about capturing a story, a connection and little fleeting moments and faces… and then turning them into lasting memories in an album, wall art or framed on display for families to cherish for generations to come.
Bec also works part-time as a Studio Manager and Senior Digital Artist for another photographic studio in Adelaide. She is also currently writing a story to accompany her whimsical, dream-like illustrations about the characters from her imaginary world called Swevenia. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family, running and unplugging from the world – with a good book in hand and a very strong coffee!
“Some journeys take you far from home, when you close your eyes in stillness… and Daydream.” – Bec.
- 2020 – Diploma in Photography and Photo Imaging
- 2019 – AIPP Australian National Awards: 2 Silver & 1 Silver Distinction Award
- 2019 – AIPP South Australian Student Photographer of the Year
- 2019 – AIPP South Australian Awards: 2 Silver Awards
- 2017 – Certificate IV in Photography and Photo Imaging
Highly Commended Award:
- 2021 – Capture Magazine Australasia’s Top Emerging Photographers Open Category
- 2020 – ‘FABLE’ – International Contemporary Art Exhibition – M.A.D.S Milano, Italy. (4th December – 18th December 2020). Artist Profile and 5 Artworks.
- 2020 – Alumni Exhibition – Centre for Creative Photography (18 October – 18 November 2020).
- 2020 – Shimmer 2020 Exhibition – “Graduate Stories” (11 September – 11 October 2020).
- 2019 – Harvest Exhibition (12 April – 21 June 2019).
- 2019 – SA AIPP Group Exhibition. National Wine Centre (24 May – June 14 2019).
Images featured in:
AIPP (Australian Institute of Professional Photography) Member since 2020
Bec is an Accredited Member of the AIPP – Australian Institute of Professional Photography.
Accredited members have been assessed by a panel of judges to ensure every photographer is:
- producing work of a professional standard;
- operates a registered business;
- abides by the AIPP strict Code of Ethics;
Accredited members are committed to continuing their professional development/training to ensure they maintain the highest industry standards both in photography and business management.
The AIPP logo is your guarantee that you, the client, are receiving the best service and quality possible.
For more information, see the AIPP Website.